CareerLink Pierce County is a web-based career and readiness platform. By leveraging career development tools, social media elements and workforce data into a seamless system, job creators, students, educators and parents can connect efficiently as well as effectively. The system, which is powered by a licensed product called Career Cruising, provides a customized information sharing and resource gathering environment.
Anchored by an approved academic and/or career plan, this platform provides a direct linkage between employers and future employees. This pathway creates a comprehensive engagement vehicle to accelerate, develop or extend recruitment and/or preparation related activities to an increasingly higher level. Specifically, this online platform offers the following benefits:
- Improving the alignment of career readiness and preparation applications to match the needs of the local or regional business community.
- Scaling successful business and education programming to reach a wider or targeted audience.
- Reducing the communication and engagement cycle time by removing participation barriers.
- Nurturing future employees by connecting and mentoring with them early in their career development phases.
Participating in CareerLink Pierce County is a win-win for everyone!
- Increase your business’ visibility and highlight your community involvement
- Promote careers that are available in Pierce County and help students realize that there are many opportunities in your community
- Nurture your future workforce by connecting with them early in their career development
- Bridge the skills gap of students coming out of high school by communicating what the real world needs
- Help build Pierce County into a workforce-strong and economically vibrant community
- Positively affect and directly address the region’s drop-out, graduation and unemployment rates