The Career Coaching Program began in 2001, when WorkForce Central embarked on a unique public and private partnership to provide career coaching and planning, interest and aptitude assessment, financial aid and training information to health care employees with a desire to obtain additional training required for advancement in high demand healthcare careers. As of 2016, more than 5,000 Pierce County Hospital Employees have had contact with this program for career guidance, funding for training, workshops and other resources offered by the program. This partnership has earned federal, state and local recognition for its innovative approach to addressing healthcare workforce shortages.
Who Do We Serve?
The Career Coaching Program work with employees from:
- MultiCare Health System
- Tacoma Lutheran Retirement Community
Healthcare Career Resources & Vocational Guidance
- Extensive information on health care careers and training programs
- Career development coaching and career mapping assistance
- Career assessment resources and educational planning support
Financial Aid Resources & Tuition Assistance Services
- Financial aid resources and application assistance
- Assistance with educational budgeting and cost planning
- Financial assistance/scholarships for those who qualify
What is a Career Coach?
A WorkForce Central Career Coach provides on-site specialized career services to healthcare employees, from in-depth vocational guidance to information on healthcare training opportunities at local colleges. Services are specialized to meet the needs of each individual.