OUR MISSION & VISION
The Pierce County Community Engagement Task Force uses an innovative community engagement framework to integrate services with a comprehensive, multi-faceted approach to foster economic mobility of Pierce County individuals and families.
We empower service providers to connect with service recipients with empathy and skill that provides transformational support done with dignity and respect.
The framework and purpose for reducing implicit bias in community engagement is based on the principles that respect the rights and voices of all community members by keeping them informed, consulted, involved, and empowered. Our areas of focus and plan for achieving them are as follows:
- Leadership. Understand community needs vs. organizational wants in order to create equitable access to services.
- Organizational Structure. Rebranding professionalism and interagency integration. Training the staff to recognize and eliminate the negative behaviors associated with institutional racism. Create direct access to leadership and decision makers in our community.
- Outreach. Build trust within Piece County among those we have historically underserved, including having a clear “ask” with transparent decision making.
- Providers/Community. Bridge the gap between what the system provides and what the community needs, by taking a human-centered design approach.
Areas of focus: Strategic Development, Collaboration, Systems Alignment
- Tamar Jackson, PCCETF Leader
- Shellie Willis, Facilitator
- Joanna Rasmussen, Marketing Strategist
- Julianna Flanders, Brand Strategist
- All other group co-leads
Areas of focus: Policy, Structure, DEI, Analytics, Best Practices
- Dr. Cindy Caldwell, Co-Lead
- Korbet Mosesly, Co-Lead
- Karissa Thompson, Co-Lead
- Rachel Pease, Co-Lead
Areas of focus: Marketing, Branding, Data collection, Community Connection
- Ana Owens, Co-Lead
- Julie Baxter, Co-Lead
- Kelly Blucher, Co-Lead
- Tim Jumper, Co-Lead
PROVIDERS & COMMUNITY
Areas of Focus: Client service, Relationships, Resource Navigation
- Amanda Walkingstick, Co-Lead
- Jeff Dade, Co-Lead
- Kari Haugen, Co-Lead
- Jeff Wolff, Co-Lead