For Young Adult Job Seekers
Build up your work experience and earn up to $5,000!
Ages 16-24 years old
Pierce County Resident
Work up to 40 hours per week for up to 16 weeks
Choose the business you want to work for
Are you a young adult looking for an opportunity that provides marketable skills, career training, and networking opportunities? Then the Hire Pierce County: Next Gen internship program is right for you!
Hire Pierce County: Next Gen provides valuable work experience and training to young adults ages 16-24 in Pierce County to support and prepare you for the next step in your career. The program also offers resume and career-building support, ongoing coaching and mentoring, training in marketable skills, career navigation assistance, financial literacy training, and letters of recommendation.
With a choice in placement and the opportunity to meet many different employers, Hire Pierce County: Next Gen can connect you to businesses and organizations that fit your interests and career goals.
Check out some of the great internship opportunities available though Hire Pierce County: Next Gen!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much money will I make as a participant in Hire Pierce County: Next Gen?
You can make up to $5,000 in Hire Pierce County: Next Gen. You will earn $15/hour during your internship and will receive a $200 stipend for completing the program.
What is the age requirement for the program?
Participants must be between the ages of 16 to 24 to participate in this program.
How long will my internship last?
Positions can last up to 16 weeks for up to 40 hours per week.
When will the program begin?
The program started in Fall 2021 and is ongoing as funding allows.
What other benefits are there to the program?
There are many opportunities for personal and professional growth, including:
- Choice of employment
- Networking opportunities
- Career building support
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring
- Training in marketable skills
- Career navigation assistance
- Financial literacy training
- Letters of recommendation
What documents will I need to provide to participate in this program?
- Photo ID (passport, WA State Driver’s License, Driving Permit, School ID, Military ID)
- Proof of Eligibility to work in the US (Social Security card, birth certificate, work permit)
- A voided check or direct deposit form if you wish to have your pay direct deposited. Or you can have your pay depostited onto a Pay Card.
- Proof of Vaccination if you are vaccinated. Vaccination is not required to participate in this program, but if you are NOT vaccinated it may limit your options for placement with employers. (Find out where you can get vaccinated at vaccinelocator.doh.wa.gov)
Questions? Contact Us!
Use the form below to contact us with any questions you have about Hire Pierce County: Next Gen.
Tyre Heim, Recovery Corps YA Participant
Internship Success Story
Learn how Tyre and gift box startup, Blessedest Box, were partnered together in a win-win experience to provide work experience and critical fulfillment services during the 2020 pandemic.
A partnership of
Hire Pierce County is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service: 711.